Link to Online Collection Catalog
Link to OHS HOME page
Link to CONTACT OHS page
Link to OHIO HISTORY STORE website
Link to OHS CALENDAR page
Link to OHS PLACES page
Link to OHS RESOURCES page
Link to the ABOUT OHS page
Link to SEARCH OHS page
Return to OHS Home Shrum Mound title banner
OHS Places icon links to OHS Places page
OHS Places
Hours
Admission
Location
General
Information
Related Links Visitors Guide Icon Links to Visitors Guide page
Get A Free OHS
Visitors Guide


Discover Ohio website (will load in a new browser window)

Ohio Tourism Icon Links to Ohio Tourism page
Ohio Tourism (will load in a new browser window)

View of Shrum Mound


Shrum Mound is one of the last remaining conical burial mounds in the city of Columbus. The 20-foot-high and 100-foot-diameter mound is located in the one-acre Campbell roadside park. The mound is grass-covered and steps lead to its summit. It was probably constructed about 2000 years ago by the prehistoric Adena people. The mound is named for the donors, the Shrum family. The park is named for James E. Campbell, governor of Ohio 1890-1892.


Hours:
Open All Year Daylight Hours


Go To The Top Of This Page

Admission

FREE


Go To The Top Of This Page

Location


View Larger Map
Campbell Park (Shrum Mound) is located five miles northwest of downtown Columbus on the west side of McKinley Avenue, about 1/2 mile south of the intersection with Trabue Road. It is adjacent to an old limestone quarry in Franklin County.


Go To The Top Of This Page

General Information

Shrum Mound
c/o Site Operations Department
The Ohio Historical Society
800 E. 17th Avenue
Columbus, OH 43211

Phone:
1-800-686-1535 (toll free)


Thank you for your interest in the Ohio Historical Society!

Back to Top


HOME || CONTACT

OHIO HISTORY STORE || CALENDAR || PLACES || RESOURCES || ABOUT || SEARCH || PRIVACY POLICY
Ohio History Center 800 E. 17th Ave. Columbus, OH 43211 © 1996-2012 All Rights Reserved.