From Oral History Project
(Redirected from Equipment and Software)
Listed below is the equipment used in the creation of the "In Their Own Words" oral history project, funded by an LSTA grant.
- JVC GY-HM100U HD Camcorder, 1080i, 10x Fuginon lens. The GY-HM100U is a Compact Handheld camcorder with the performance and features usually found only in more expensive models. Easy to use and small size allows work in environments. Produces recordings on par with broadcast cameras.
- Delkin Pro SDHC Class 6 32GB cards. High capacity secure digital memory cards to record oral histories.
- Porta-Brace PB 2550F Wheeled Safeguard Field Case. Watertight hard resin case for transporting camcorder.
- Manfrotto 351MVB2K 1-Stage Tripod with 501HDV spreader and 3189 Bag. Tripod with professional video head, fixed counterbalance. Sturdy, yet portable and capable of supporting up to 13.21 lb; padded case included.
- Sony MDR-7502 Professional Headphones. For monitoring audio levels during production and editing.
- Ikan V8000HMDI 8" TFT HDMI LCD monitor. 800 x 400 resolution, high definition LCD monitor, provides ample resolution to determine focus in 1080i, and allows for more convenient video monitoring during recording. Multiple connections, including component, composite, S-Video and HDMI.
- Audio-Technica AT803 Omnidirectional Condenser Lavalier Microphone. Lapel microphone with 80 Hz high-pass filter for use by interviewer and interviewee. Operates on battery or phantom power.
- Smith Victor K70 Professional Tungsten Light Kit (1800 Total Watts). Includes three 765SG flood lights with barndoors, three tripods, three DYH Lamp 600 Watt/120 Volts quartz halogen bulbs, one pack of filters, one filter holder, one 24" x 32" softbox, one umbrella and one wheeled case. Suitable for extended duration use.
- Giottos Background Support System. 10.5" tall Air Cushioned stands with 6.5" - 9.75" wide crossbar which can hold cloth or paper backgrounds; includes nylon case.
- Backdrop Alley 10' x 24' Background. Black muslin cloth with 4" hem on top and bottom, with eyelets on top edge for hanging from a crossbar.
- Hewlett-Packard Z400 Workstation Desktop Computer with HP ZR22w 21.5" LCD monitor. Intel Xeon processor, 300GB hard drive, 6GB RAM, x64-based PC with Windows 7 Professional. System suggested by Avid for use with Media Composer.
- Hewlett-Packard Pavilion dv7 4080us Laptop. 17" LED screen, Intel Core i7, 1TB hard Drive, 6144MB RAM, x64-based PC with Windows 7 Premium. Allows for media backup while on location, as well as providing additional processing for large files.
- APC Back-up XS 900VA. 540 Watts, 120 Volts. Provides power surge protection on power and data lines as well as reserve power for connected devices.
- LaCie 2TB External Hard Drive. Large external drive necessary for working with .mp4 files in Avid Media Composer.
- Buffalo 8.0TB LinkStation Quad Network Hard Drive. USB network storage server. BitTorrent server with gigabit ethernet, RAID configurable, remote file access and auto backup software.